Ray Wills - Presentations and Seminars
I have given many and varied talks on conservation issues in
to numerous community groups, presented since 1989.
Examples include to the Rotary Club of Perth, the Country Women's Association, the Glyde-In Community, Friends of Kings Park, the Floreat
Rotary Club, The Nature Photography Group of Western Australia, the
Busselton Naturalists, and the Friends of Coolbinia Bushland.
The slides are thumbnails from a talk I do on Myths of Australian
A detailed list of talks includes
In 2006 and 2007 I have given a range of talks on the Science of Greenhouse for a number of groups including:
- The Western Australian branch of the Australian Institute of Energy - "The Science In Global Warming and the Consequences for Greenhouse Earth" presented Wednesday 15th February 2006. http://www.aie.org.au/past.htm
- The WA Sustainable Energy Association (WASEA) - Debate on journalism and greenhouse - Thursday 18 May 2006. http://www.wasea.com.au/
- Doctors for the Environment Australia - "The Science In Global Warming - living on Greenhouse Earth" - Saturday 10 June 2006. http://www.dea.org.au/.
- GHD forum on global warming and business on Thursday 29 June 2006 put together by GHD. I joined a panel discussion following presentations by Dr Chris Lund and Jake DeBoer from GHD on the topic "Greenhouse Gas - More than Hot Air". The forum was part of GHD's Sustainability Seminars for 2006.
- Panelist on climate change and business at the Global Gateway Conference, 4 April 2007.
- Invited speaker 'Optimising the contribution of renewable energy in the new market’ 8th Annual WA Power 2007, 2 May 2007
- Panel facilitator. ‘Should we invest in a biofuels future for WA’. WA Biofuels Forum, 9 May 2007
- Panel facilitator. ‘Thermal Comfort and WABASIX’ WASEA Fenestrations presentation, 10 May 2007
- 10 Years to Change - Labor Party policy forum panel discussion of responses to the Climate Crisis, 29 May 07
- Commentator at preview screening of 'Crude Awakening' for Luna Cinemas, 5 Jun 07
- Panelist for Sustainability Practitioners Association’s - Australia’s Energy Future at the Crossroads: An interactive panel discussion, 24 Jul 2007
- Invited participant, Science Meets Parliament, Parliament of Western Australia 14 Aug 07
- Chief Executives Development Organisation (CEDO) function “Western Australia in 20 years – addressing sustainability.” Presentation on Sustainability and the impact of global warming in WA. 15 Aug 07
- Climate change and the coast: think global act local. Invited workshop facilitator and rapporteur Climate change and the coast conference, Mandurah 20 Aug 2007
- Global Warming, Spin, and The Republicans in the Whitehouse’ School of Earth and Geographical Sciences, The university of Western Australia, Seminar Series 1 Dec 2006.
- The Gorey truth - sternly facing the spin of the naysayers to global warming. Presentation to Glyde-In Community forum, 20 Feb 07
- Responding to global warming. Department of Industry and Resources presentation to Executive Management Group, 27 Feb 2007
- Climate change – impact in Western Australia and implications for biological research. School of Biological Sciences, Murdoch University, 23 Apr 07
- Climate change in Western Australia, and government policy responses – Chamber of Minerals and Energy NGO Industry Environment Forum, 29 May 07
- Women of the West Environmental Breakfast - Climate change in Western Australia, 8 June 07
- Keynote presentation Responding to climate change in Western Australia - Climate Change Seminar Series hosted by the University of Western Australia and the Western Australia Government 12 Jun 07
- A changing climate – the truth is out there. Presentation for WALIS Advisory Cou ncil Workshop on ‘Spatial Information and the Insurance Industry’, 19 Jun 07.
- Space invaders - changing levels, climate change and the sea - Spatial Sciences Institute Regional Conference, 19 Jul 07.
- Impact of climate change on Western Australia – presentation for Department of Agriculture and Food, 24 Jul 07
- A spatial look at climate change impacts and WA - NGIS breakfast, 2 Aug 07
- Exploring the Risks and Responsibilities of Climate Change – presentation to MOSS workshop, 2 Aug 2007.
- Climate change impacts and WA - seminar presentation Research Unit for the Study of Societies in Change (RUSSIC), Curtin University of Technology, 10 Aug 2007
- How will climate change affect your business in the Peel region? 2007 Peel Economic Development Unit Breakfast Series. 17 Aug 07
- Trading places – warming to a climate for sustainable reform of the carbon economy in WA - presentation to Conservation Council WA – Emissions Trading Systems: Preparing Australia for a Carbon Controlled Future? 7 Sep 07
Return to Ray's home page
This page has been visited
times since 6 January 2006
Created: January 25, 2004
Last updated: October 22, 2007